Home renovation is an exciting process that can bring a brand-new look to the place where you spend most of your time. Anyone who has gone through home renovation also knows how much dust it brings to your home.
Many of us also have HVAC equipment installed in different areas of our houses. It lets us feel comfortable inside our homes during any season of the year. If you do not take proper care of it during home renovation works, then you face the risk to end up with expensive repairs. To prevent this, take care of certain pre-planning actions that will help you protect your HVAC equipment during repair works.
Before you begin the process of home renovations, think about the possible issues with the air conditioning protection and maintenance services.
1. Turn it off. Before you begin the home renovation works, switch off the HVAC and do not turn it on until the end of the repair works. If you turn it on during the process of renovations, it will be filled with dust.
2. Close the registers in the place where the home renovation process is going to be.
3. Clean the work area frequently. This can prevent the extension of the dust in the air conditioning system and throughout your place.
4. Reduce the mess in your home while moving the preparation work somewhere outside the place where the HVAC is installed.
5. Change the air filter of the HVAC system during the repair works and once they are completed.
6. At the end of the repair works, make sure that the HVAC system is clean. This can prevent construction dust from getting inside the system and affecting the way it operates.
And finally, when you finish all repair works, make sure that your HVAC system is adjusted properly to work in the renovated space. This is especially important if a room was increased, new walls were added or removed. HVAC equipment that’s not sized to work properly in your space, then switching it on you may feel uncomfortable in the place where it works.
“They were very thorough and explained everything in detail. They did an excellent job. Thank you guys for the great service!”