Your AC is there to keep you cool and comfortable in summer and give you warmth on cold days. Probably, the last thing you want is to have any sort of problem with your AC, especially on a hot summer day. However, if it’s already not running correctly or not running at all, don’t sweat it. Actually, there’s a list of common problems that can cause your AC to fail. Unfortunately, some of them may be pretty costly to repair. Anyway, the only way out is to find the problem and fix it as soon as possible.
- Let’s start the list with condenser coils that are responsible for dissipating heat outside and may be loaded with dirt or debris.
- Coolant, which is the lifeblood of every AC, can leak due to worn out or damaged lines feeding it to the outside AC unit.
- A clogged air filter is another common problem. When it’s clogged up with dirt, dust, debris, etc., the AC system can’t draw in sufficient air.
- A non-responsive thermostat. It’s the nerve center of the AC. Many of thermostat problems are pretty easy to fix.
- A defected compressor, which is the main cooling unit, can make the whole system suffer as well. A compressor is the motor that compresses the coolant further circulated through the condenser and evaporator coils. When it is not turning on and the fan is not spinning, it would be reasonable to consult with a professional technician.
It’s often difficult for the average person to determine which of the issues caused their air conditioner to underperform or break at all. If you don’t want to go deep into the weeds, but need quality AC service, CM experts will always come to help! Central Mechanical is a group of highly-trained and experienced contractors providing a wide range of professional air conditioning and heating services for residential and commercial customers around the DFW areas (Plano, Allen, Frisco, Richardson). CM experts will diagnose your air conditioner and provide you with a solution that best suits your needs. So, whatever the problem, you know you can rely on Central A/C Mechanical. Get the best service from true experts!
Cities We Serve
“We appreciate the quality workmanship, timeliness, and fine attitude of Central Mechanical employees. They are professional, capable, and easy-to-work with. They have exceeded our expectations.”