Why Proper Maintenance of your AC Is Important
Everything needs constant care. Our careful maintenance of all things, including air conditioning systems, significantly extends their service life and reduces the chance of sudden breakdowns. Let’s discover how to properly care for your in-house air conditioner.
What Are Causes of AC Contamination
Unlike other home appliances, for example, TVs or microwave ovens, changes in the operation of the residential air conditioner accumulate gradually and are not conspicuous. However, these changes are taking place. There are some factors affecting the degree of wearout and contamination of the air conditioner:
- air humidity;
- the degree of air pollution;
- the height of the air conditioner location above the ground.
Main Rules of Home AC Maintenance You Should Know
What do you need to do to ensure that your air conditioner unit has worked properly throughout the term of its operation? Here is a checklist of the main rules.
- You need to regularly clean the filters of the indoor unit;
- If the air conditioner stops functioning normally (water drips from the indoor unit, an ice “coat” appeared on the copper tubes, the cooling of the air in the room deteriorated, there were crackles and other extraneous sounds), it is necessary to turn it off and call us for help;
- Call the representatives of our service department for preventive maintenance at least once a year. This measure includes checking the pressure in the system and refueling with freon, a complete check of the air conditioner in all modes of operation (for revealing hidden faults), cleaning the indoor and outdoor units;
Central Mechanical Can Help You
If you have some problems with your home AC maintenance, do not hesitate to contact Central Mechanical (Dallas, Texas/ Fort Worth Metroplex) and ask your questions. We want your air conditioning system to work as long as possible, so we will be happy to help you. Also, do not forget about the annual inspections and other local services that we can hold for you. Also we provide repair and replacement services.
Cities We Serve
University Park, TX
Highland Park, TX
Flower Mound, TX
Fort Worth, TX
If you still have some issues, get in touch with us right now at (972) 808-9696!
“We appreciate the quality workmanship, timeliness, and fine attitude of Central Mechanical employees. They are professional, capable, and easy-to-work with. They have exceeded our expectations.”